Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dr's Meeting

We had our meeting with the Dr. today to discuss our next path. He was very informative and took a lot of time with us. He said that we could go on to injectibles with IUI and that injectibles were more natural for the body than Clomid. We talked to him awhile about the percentage rates and everything. He then brought up IVF. Brandon asked him what he would do. He said if money was no option he would go for IVF because you eliminate a lot of things that can go wrong. Unlike IUI you are putting a fertilized embryo back into the uterus. He said that with IUI we are just hoping that the eggs are perfect and that the sperm is getting to them. He said that he has done IVFs and taken the eggs out and seen that they had a hard shell...which was why IUI didn't work. He told us that we could try injectibles and then go to IVF. We told him that we wanted to do IVF next because if the injectibles didn't work we would be out of that money which could go to IVF. We are going to do the "IVF refund program". You buy 3 IVF's for the price of 2. If IVF #1 works than you essential lost money (but gained a baby!!), if IVF#2 works than you come out even, if IVF #3 works than you come out ahead. If all 3 fail than you get 75 percent of your money back. He said that if IVF 1 works than the money you lose actually goes to a couple that it didn't work for...which made me feel better. I would be happy to lose money and get a baby!! We are going to pray a lot about this while we wait for me period to come. (I've never wanted it to come before:) After it comes he will put me on the Clomid challenge test (required for the refund program). Then I will have to take birth control pills for a couple of weeks then we can get started. I guess waiting a month isn't so bad when you have been waiting 2 years. Say some prayers that we are making the right decision.

8 comments:

Elaine said...

Glad to hear how your appointment went...
Praying for God's peace and guidance as you make the final decision.
That pay plan for IVF is interesting.

The Pifer's said...

I'm glad your appt went good, I've never heard of that program...do you have to pay the money up front or is it something you can pay out?? Good luck sweetie!!!

beth ewing said...

i've heard of that program and i think it's a good one. hopefully you won't need all 3 but if you do then you'll have saved money. i know this isn't an easy decision but i'm proud of you and i'll be praying for you.

Kami said...

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST???? I think you are making the right decision. Say a lot of prayers while you are waiting. You ARE going to be my cycle buddy. I am so excited. I wish you so much luck and happiness during this journey. If we end up doing it around the same time, then we can talk eachother through the rollercoaster of meds and monitoring. We can do it!!! One of the women I follow just got her positive pregnancy test with her first IVF!!!! It can happen!

Kami

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

i think moving to IVF is a great decision. the success rates are so much higher! i am terrified of the process, but i think it will be worth it!!

Tabitha said...

I'm always excited to find another blog by others who love and trust in Christ! I've also been TTC for 2 years and will be praying for you and your journey!

Jenileigh said...

What great news for you and dh. What an opportunity! Praying for you both as you embark on this endeavor!

Jenileigh said...

You are very welcome. I've been a little scarce lately, but I'm trying to keep up in touch with everyone the best that I can! Thanks for stopping by my place, glad you enjoyed the post.

Hugs!