Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas party

Yesterday was my family's annual "white elephant" Christmas Party. That's when you bring a gift and pick a number. YOu go in consecutive order picking gifts. YOu can either pick a present that is wrapped or steal a present from someone else. It is really fun and I look forward to it every year. It is always at my parents house so I was there all day helping them. We had a lot of fun. The hard part about being around my whole family is that I don't see them often so when I do they always say "Are you pregnant yet" "WHen are you going to have a baby". I hate those questions I want to make a shirt for those times that says "When I get pregnant I will tell you...you don't have to ask me about it!" It just makes me sad. I thought I would have a baby or be pregnant by Christmas. This is the second Christmas that I have had to deal with this. I don't even want to say "Hopefully by next Christmas I will have a baby" because I've been disappointed so many times. I can't wait for my appointment with my Dr on the 30th. I'm ready to get going again.

1 comment:

beth ewing said...

i'm so sorry that your family asks those questions. i'll definitely get that shirt with you though. i often get the...when are you going to have another...he'd sure make a good big brother...and other such hurtful comments. luckily though those are mostly from strangers.