She loves stuffed animals!
Wearing camoflauge for her daddy's birthday.
Reading her book!
McKenzie is 8 months! I cannot believe it. Time has flown by since she was born. It seems like 8 months of being pregnant took so long....but now life is a blur. It feels like I rush through my day at work to get home to see her. I wish we had more time to spend together...oh how I want to be a stay at home mom;) Anyway....here are her 8 month stats!!
It has been a busy month:
- She started being able to go from laying to sitting on her own.
- Three days later she started to clap!! I was so excited about this. I have been working with her for about a month on clapping. I left to go somewhere for a few hours and when I got back she was clapping. Brandon said they were watching "Diego" and he said clap, clap, clap and she did it;)
- Yesterday she started crawling (army style). She still likes to roll more because she is faster at it. I'm sure this will change soon!!
- I'm working with her waving bye-bye. Yesterday she did it a little.....
- We had to lower her crib since she can sit up now. She crawls all around the crib pulling down the bumpers and looking through the bars;)
- She is sleeping better at night. I think this is in large part to the awesom naps she takes at the babysitter...she must be a magician;) She wakes up at 5:30 though because she hears us getting ready for work. This is fine during the week but kind of sucks on the weekend. She will usually go back to sleep after a bottle though.
- She LOVES her daddy. He can get the most laughs out of her. They spend time together in the morning after I leave for work. He brings her and picks her up from the babysitter!!
- She hasn't been wanting as much formula during the day. I guess this is because of the baby food.
- She loves the Sprout brand babyfood doesn't really like the other brands...I can't blame her. The sprout is really good. To bad it cost more!! She loves finger food...especially mac-and-cheese, pasta, bread, waffles, fresh fruit, etc.
- She has gotten good with the sippy cup but has started a new game where she likes to throw it from her high chair.
- Her favorite toys are measuring cups, measuring spoons, containers, plastic bottles, etc. She does love stuffed animals though!
- She has her bottom 2 teeth and her top gums are really swollen so I'm expecting them any day now.
- She is in size 3 diapers and 6-9 month clothes.
- She loves being outside and taking a bath.
- She has started her "stranger danger" stage and either gives them serious looks or cries.
We are so happy to have our beautiful little lady. We feel so blessed for these 8 months!! I hope everyone is doing great!!