Friday, December 23, 2011
She is in her toddler bed because she started climbing out of her crib a couple months ago. When we changed beds she finally started sleeping awesome!! Its life changing to be sleeping all night again;)
When she wakes up in the morning she has to lay in our bed and watch cartoons and drink her milk until she is fully awake. She does this with me on the weekends and Brandon during the week before daycare. This is our favorite cuddle time!!
She has been using her potty on and off for a couple months but it's not an exclusive thing...mostly just when she wants a skittle;) since she's not two I'm not concerned.
She loves playing with other kids, playing dress-up, baby dolls, Mickey mouse, Dora, Barney, all animals, being outside, painting in the bath tub, going to visit people, dancing, coloring, and cooking.
She is a very picky eater which is HARD!! Oh well!! she weighs 25 lbs and is 32 inches. She is in size 4 diapers and in underwear around the house when I feel brave.
She understands sooo much and is speaking so well. The other night I was taking a bath and she knocked on the door saying "Ashley, Ashley let me in" Brandon asked her who Ashley was and she said My Mama! She cracks me up!!
She loves Christmas and everything about it...especially Santa!!
well I have to go get ready for the first night of family Christmas while someone is napping! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!! Merry Christmas!
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Friday, August 5, 2011
In June, Brandon and I had to go to Puerto Rico for his business. Kenzie stayed with my parents. IT was very relaxing!! While Brandon was in meetings I got to lay on the beach. I went to breakfast, lunch, and dinner with him. The rest of the time was spent on the beach or by the pool. It was nice!! Kenzie had a blast with my parents. When we got back she was hesitant to go to us. After 10 minutes she grabbed my neck and broke out crying. It broke my heart…it was as if she was saying I missed you Mama!
The rest of June, Kenzie and I had playdates, went swimming, etc. July was busy because I had to leave yet again to go to Indianapolis for a teacher conference. Brandon and Kenzie had to stay home. I was gone for 3 nights. IT was an all expense paid trip at a 4 star hotel (the best one I’ve ever stayed in). I had a lot of fun!! When I got back Kenzie wouldn’t let me out of her sight again!! I think she is scared that I will leave for a few more days…she has become much more needy.
Last week, we all went to the beach! It was me, Brandon, Kenzie, Brandon’s sister, her husband and 3 girls, his mom, and her boyfriend. We had a lot of fun. Kenzie loved being with the kids all day and being able to stay up till 10 at night. She did awesome and really enjoyed the whole experience.
I’m very nervous to leave Kenzie in 4 days. I’ve become so used to laying in bed with her and watching cartoons when we wake up in the morning and being able to play with her all day. I wish I could be a stay at home mom!
Kenzie turned 18 months last week! She is soo fun right now. Here are a few stats:
She is 22 lbs and in size 4 diapers.
She knows her belly button, eyes, ears, nose, hair, head, toes, legs, hands, fingers, eyebrow, mouth, tongue, and teeth.
She says tons of words and tries to repeat everything you say.
She has 12 teeth. She loves to dance, and pretend to sing.
This post is getting really long so I’m going to wrap it up. Hope all is well with everyone!!
Friday, May 27, 2011
- She is almost 22 lbs and is 30 inches...maybe a little more now.
- She wears size 3 diapers.
- She LOVES croutons and when the fridge door opens she runs to grab the bag of them out of the door. She is picky about the things she eats, sometimes she loves something and then the next day hates it. She loves cheese, goldfish crackers, croutons, sour cream (eats it by the spoon full), guacamole, peanut butter and jelly, sausage, rice, jambalaya, taco meat, etc. She doesn't like many vegetables and is picky about the fruit she eats. She will eat more for my babysitter and mom then she will with me....not sure why!!
- She LOVES ice...she asks for it all the time and sequels when you give her some;)
- She loves bubbles. She asks for bubbles in the bathtub, outside, in the pool...she can't get enough.
- She can say so many words now that I can't keep track. She repeats a lot and then I don't hear it again for awhile though. Her favorite words are: bubbles, ice, cow, duck, maw maw, paw paw, papa, dada, mama, fish (says "ish") dog, truck (when she hears a truck she things it's her daddy coming home), bubs (her boyfriend at daycare), cook, snack, more (she says this anytime she wants more of something)...that's the main words she says but repeats many more.
- As soon as I open the laundry room door (which also is the pantry) she says "snack, snack, snack" and wants me to giver her something to eat.
- She loves to "read" and be read to.
- She loves going to our farm to see the cows and horses.
- She loves to feed her dog after dinner. If we don't let her give him the food she gets so upset.
- She LOVES to dance. This girl will dance to any kind of music but loves when my daddy puts on his juke box the best!
- She loves to help me cook. I put a stool by the counter and she stands on it and puts stuff in her bowl and stirs it around. It occupies her while I am cooking dinner. I figure she will also learn a lot this way too.
I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting but it is the last day of the school year and I am exhausted! My summer vacation starts tomorrow and I am so excited to have 10 weeks off with my baby girl! I hope everyone is doing well. I read all of your blogs while I am rocking kenzie to sleep at night...it is often to hard to comment though! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
Sunday, April 3, 2011
- She weighs 21 lbs 5 oz as of Friday and is around 28 inches tall
- She is in a size 3 diaper
- She hasn't had a bottle since 13 months
- She has been walking since her birthday and is running now..I can't keep up with her.
- She says dada, mama, papa, cat (her favorite word), cow, eye ( I love how she says this!), ear, ball, duck....I know I am missing some...
- She makes the sound for a duck, cow, owl, and monkey
- She can point to her eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, ears, toes, belly. (She loves the teeth and eyes the best)
- She goes to visit the cows on our farm everyday and gets so excited when you tell her that you are going. She makes an "o" with her mouth and starts going "Oooooooo" as soon as we get on the mule(its a motorized vehicle a little bigger than a golf cart) she starts making a cow sound and jumping up and down;)
- She loves to drop things and say uh-oh!
- She wants to be outside all day and sometimes cries when we come in. She is definitely her father's child.
- She loves books and rolling a ball to us.
- We are so thankful for this little piece of heaven!!
I hope everyone has been doing wonderful! Have a great week!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
I'm okay. I truly believe that God has a plan for me. I had to go through 2 years of struggle to get Mckenzie. I know that God had that planned for me and I got the best baby out of it. So I trust that he has my next journey planned too!! I am sad that I'm not going to be pregnant with my 2 best friends....it doesn't happen often that three people who are so close get positive tests in one week.
Pray that we will get pregnant again easily and it will result in a healthy little baby;)
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Well when I woke up this morning there was bleeding. It's only when I go to the bathroom but I'm pretty sure I'm miscarrying. Brandon keeps telling me that I still need to go in on Monday for another HCG since this exact same thing happen for my last pregnancy..but I don't have any hope that it will be okay. Can you just say a prayer for me girls! Tomorrow is my birthday..what a present!! I know God only gives you what you can handle. He knew I couldn't handle a miscarriage unless I already had a beautiful baby. Its still really hard. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!
Friday, January 28, 2011
- She is 20 lbs 6 oz (25%)
- She is 28 inches lon (25%)
- In size 3 diapers
- wearing 12 month clothes
- She is walking small distances but prefers to crawl...because she is a very fast crawler!
- She is a picky eater and prefers french fries and grilled cheese over anyting else. Her favorite healthy foods are blueberries and gaucamola.
- She has 6 teeth and should be two more soon because her top and bottom gums are swollen.
- She says mama, dada, papa, bye, cat(her favorite word), cow, quack, who(for an owl)
- She makes everyday such a better day and we are so blessed to have her!!