Sunday, December 7, 2008

Church Today

Well at church today I felt like the preacher was talking to me!! His sermon was about Elizabeth and Zechariah and how they were barren and thought they could not bear children. He said through the whole journey they remained faithful to God. They were true to him even though in those times woman who could not bear children were thought to be cursed by God. When they thought their chances were over...they were very old... an angel came to Zechariah and told him that he would bear children. He doubted the angel and because of this his voice was taken away. Elizabeth on the other hand showed no doubt. They ended up naming the child John like the angel told them to and his voice returned for being obedient. John later became John the Baptist and lead many people to follow Jesus. God had a plan for them. He wanted them to bare a child that would bring others closer to God. He may have made them wait so long to see if they could be faithful. He may have also known that they were they were the perfect people to parent John the Baptist and did not need him to be born until years later.
The Preacher said that we need to be obedient and follow Jesus. He said that God knows the right path for us and we have to believe in that. He said that Christmas was the perfect time to start doing so.
I feel that through this whole infertility journey I have had to trust in God. At first I tried to make plans for God. I told him when I wanted to have a baby. I think that I went through this so I could see that God knows what is best for me. This has brought me closer to God, closer to my husband, and has brought me to know many wonderful woman also going through my same struggle. I feel that it is a blessing in disguise because I never would have learned this much or grown so much as a person if I wouldn't have gone through this journey. It is amazing what you can learn from God if you just stop and listen:)

4 comments:

Melody said...

I think that is BEAUTIFUL! I too, had to learn to trust in God. There were days I really thought I would never get pregnant. FINALLY, the month I took NO meds I got pregnant. I knew it was God's way of telling me that he knew what to do!

PS. I teach 8th grade :)

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

i have been thinking of you. i hope to see a BFP post this week!!

Melody said...

Any news yet?

Lisa said...

What a sermon that must have been. Glad you were able to draw inspiration and hope from it. I'm hoping and praying that your miracle is on it's way.