Monday, November 24, 2008

Not what I expected....

Well at 9:30 this morning I had a doctor's appointment. I was scheduled to have my 2nd ultrasound and trigger shot. The ultrasound didn't go as a I expected. I had a feeling that I would have 3-4 follicles this month. The doctor didn't really see anything on the right side. He went to the left and looked and looked but couldn't see the left ovary. So he tried the ultrasound on top the stomach and saw half of the ovary and a follicle that measured 13. He also saw some fluid in my uterus so he said I may have already ovulated. He told me that they would draw blood and see what my levels were. If I was ovulating then I could try naturally tonight and hope for the best. If it didn't work then call them when my period started and they would do the ultrasound sooner next month. I was so upset when I left the office. I stopped myself from crying and told myself that everything God does is for a purpose and he knows what's best for me. THe doctor just called back with my results and said that I had not ovulated but my estrogen levels were 211 which indicated that I did have at least one follicle. She said that I was scheduled to go back on Wednesday to see if the 13 had grown. I'm hoping for the best. Say a prayer for me!!
Also, when I walked in the doctor's office I saw a girl that I know. It was shocking because she had been telling me that she didn't know when she wanted to have kids. She asked me to please not tell anyone that she was there. She said that she had done 3 IUI's that were unsuccessful and had recently done a laproscopy and found endometriosis. They had taken it out and she was there for her post-op. It's so weird finding out someone else you know is going through the same thing but keeping it to themselves. It makes you wonder if there are more people that you know going through the same thing.

Keep us in your prayers. I am praying that this month still has a chance!!

2 comments:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

at least you havent ovulated!! you still have a chance! good luck, i hope that follie grows to a great size!

beth ewing said...

i promise there are lots of people that you don't know going through it. i don't think a lot of people tell everyone like we have.

so glad you hadn't ovulated yet. nothing more frustrating than a busted cycle.