Saturday, June 20, 2009

Updates

This whole week I have been busy with Vacation Bible School. I don't like to be in charge of a class since I have that to worry about all year long. Instead, I have the joy of working with a wonderful woman and her daughter in the crafts department. We set up craft projects for different grades and they alternate through at different times. It's laid back and fun. I really enjoyed it but it wore me out;) I don't know how people teach all day in their first trimester!! God must have known I'd be tired and that's why he waited so long to bless me with this pregnancy;) He knew I needed the beginning to be in the summer!!
Everyday at around 2:00 I am exhausted and have to take a nap. I haven't been feeling that nauseous except at night. For some reason meat really turns me off in the evening. I cook meat for Brandon to eat but I can only eat some of the sides. I have not thrown up though which I guess is good. So I'm just tired and feel a somewhat sick at night. Other than that I really don't have any symptoms. My boobs don't hurt. I wish they did so I would worry less! I am still spotting but it's still brown..hopefully nothing to worry about. I do have an EMBARRASSING question though. Has anyone had a problem with excessive body hair? I have a line of dark hair growing on my stomach and I DON"T like it!! If you had this what did you do to get rid of it that was safe?? I read that body hair bleach or Nair is okay to use but I'm a little afraid to use it. If you had this problem please let me know;) I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

9 comments:

Krisy said...

Ugh the belly hair...i have it too a small amount right below my belly button, I hate it. I don't know any good way to deal with it, I just shave it!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Just pluck it. It hurts but at least you won't be using harsh chemicals!

Glad you're having fun with VBS, too!

Stace said...

Holy cow the first trimester was brutal at school! By lunch time I was ready to curl up and sleep. The kids thought it was funny and they'd say "You look tired." to which I'd reply "Am I ever NOT tired??" Of course by then they knew the answer was no!

As for the hair... I have some on my lower belly near the belly button. As my belly as gotten so huge it's harder to see now. :P I haven't done anything with it... I figure I'll deal with it once the babies come. Until then the hubby can just laugh at me!!

Good Egg Hatched said...

I am so relieved to hear someone else discuss this body hair thing. I am very fair and normally all my body hair is like peach fuzz...but a couple of weeks after my pregnancy test it started getting darker and darker...now I have a line going down my upper stomach and a whole bunch on my lower belly. I can understand the others suggesting shaving or plucking but I don't want to do that lest it keep growing back darker and coarser (mine is also way too much to pluck). I asked my doctor about it last week and she said totally normal, it will return to light color after the baby comes.

Good Egg Hatched said...

I know -- it is embarrassing! I will be on the lookout for a solution but I am sad to say that I think we're stuck with it for the next seven months or so! And something tells me that this will be the least of our worries once other symptoms of later pregnancy start popping up. How's that for uplifting?? :) At least we have this problem to deal with!

Melody said...

I had the hair issue and it is supposed to go away after pregnancy. Mine did not and I know that is gross but it's just a small spot on my tummy. But, it is SUPPOSED to go away (I think mine didn't because I shaved it and I DO NOT recommend doing that)

Jamie said...

I read your blog and figured I better come out of the shadows after reading about the belly hair issue. I have A LOT of hair on my belly from my pregnancy that was not there before. I always give people a disclaimer when they want to take a peek. I figure that it is there for a reason so as much as I don't like it, I will just deal with it until the pregnancy is over (my husband hates it though).

twondra said...

Glad things are going well for you. :) I can't imagine how you get through teaching little kids....I get tired and I'm not even pregnant. :)

Just Another Mother said...

I have belly hair too. It started off as a trail like you're explaining, but now it is just kind of all over. Luckily mine is blond and not too noticable. It does get longer though.

I remember my first trimester at school. It was hard, but at least I was not too sick. I was really tired and people kept asking me if I was okay. I'm actually glad now I'm not working in my third trimester. It seems like it's going to be a lot harder on me physically than the first.

I'm glad you're enjoying your summer and get to rest!