Monday, June 8, 2009

PRAISE GOD!!!

I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update. All I have to say is PRAISE GOD. I have never been so worried. I had A LOT of bleeding. I'm going to go in detail because I was looking for blogs that talked about this. I went to the bathroom last night and there was a lot of blood...think a little more than 2nd day of AF. It made the toilet water pink. I was terrified!! Brandon is so logical and levelheaded...he told me don't worry about it, the baby is fine. I tried not to and went to sleep. I woke up at 3 and went to the bathroom and it was the exact same thing again. I couldn't go back to sleep. I went to the bathroom around 3 more times and it was the same thing. (There was only a small clot the first time I went to the bathroom..the rest was bleeding ranging from bright pink to dark red). I left a message on the doctor's voicemail. They called me back at 7:15 and told me to come in. We got there about 9 (Brandon was at work and we live 50 min away). Brandon told me I had nothing to worry about the entire ride there. We went into the ultrasound room and the nurse asked me exactly how much bleeding there was. She said that it was probably vanishing twin syndrome since we had seen a two sacs last week but only 1 heartbeat.
The doctor came in and told me not to worry. As soon as he put the probe in he said that's a STRONG HEARTBEAT. That was music to my ears. He looked all around and didn't see another sac and said that my body was probably getting rid of that empty sac. When I sat up I told him to tell Brandon that it is normal to worry. As I said that I busted out crying. The doctor gave me a talk (most of it I don't remember). He said that if someone called about bleeding and then he did an ultrasound my result was textbook at what you would want to see. That he wouldn't "bullshit" me. That I needed to relax and let Brandon do more. (Brandon said he only told me that to make me laugh...that he didn't really mean it;) He told me to keep my appointment on Wednesday so that I could remain sane;) I'm so very thankful for everyone's prayers and for God's blessing today. I feel so blessed. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GOD!!!
I wanted to go home and rest but we had an appointment with a tax lady and it was the ONLY day that she could see us so we went and it took like 5 hours!!! I'm finally on the couch, where I wanted to be all day long!
Thanks again for the prayers...it REALLY means a lot!

25 comments:

beth ewing said...

glad to hear all is well. i've been very worried about you. sorry that you lost the second sac as i know the idea of twins after all you've been through was exciting. but for now we're gonna praise God that your baby is doing well and has a strong heartbeat.

Melody said...

I am SO glad your appt went well. Now that you are 6 weeks EVERYTHING should be JUST fine!

Good Egg Hatched said...

I am so happy to hear all is well with your pregnancy too! What a relief...still amazed at the coincidence. Here's to more and more good news from here, for both of us!

The Pifer's said...

OH AMAZING SWEETIE, I AM SO GLAD EVERYTHING IS OK1!!!!!! Love ya and I am STILL PRAYING :)

Kimberly said...

I am so gladd to read this! I have been following your blog. I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant (FET). Last week I went to the doctor and saw two sacks. Today before my apointment I started bleeding, like a heavy period. My husband and I went to the doctor and hour early and she did the sono. and saw that baby B had a heart beat of 109 bpm. Baby A had not fetal pole and no heart beat. Baby A is only measuring 5 weeks, while baby B is measuring 6 weeks 3 days. My doctor said the bleeding is my body's way of absorbing baby A.
Thank you so much for sharing your story. It really is a blessing to know that someone is going through the same thing I am. I am praying for both of our baby's. Thank you for being such a blessing!

sweetpeanme said...

PRAISE GOD INDEED!!! I just read your last post and this post back to back...I don't know what I would have done if I had read the last one earlier and didn't know what was going to happen!!!

Thank you for going into detail...we all want to know so that if we are in that situation we will be informed!!

Hooray for that strong heartbeat!!!!

Michelle said...

Thank goodness everything is okay. You had me worried! I will continue to pray for your little blessing to stay safe and sound!
~Michelle

cady said...

i'm so so glad that everything is ok!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Glad that all is ok....I loved reading your blog today. It has been so much fun making new friends through the blog world. This is my fourth month to have a blog. I am amazed at all the unique and fun sites.
I am posting about our recent Disney trip and have a couple more posts about our visit with the "Mouse" ....

Joy@WDDCH said...

I agree that it was probably vanishing twin! I'm glad the other little one is going strong!!!

Stace said...

I am SO SO glad that the little one is still there beating away! Take it easy.. and make sure Brandon knows that the doctor WASN'T trying to make you laugh! :)

twondra said...

So glad you're okay! I was worried. Thinking and praying for you. (((HUGS)))

Brittney said...

Oh, how wonderful!! I've been worried about you and praying for you. I'm so glad everything's okay, girlie. You'll stay on my mind and in my prayers. Keep us all posted, okay?:)

Carrie said...

Oh, I am so thankful everything is all right!! I am sorry you lost the second sac, but so happy to see such a strong heartbeat from your little bean! :)

ashley said...

I'm so so happy everything is okay. I had a feeling that's what was happening since they had seen that other empty sac the first time. Hopefully this is your only scare and the rest is smooth sailing. Get some rest and take it easy.

Kristy said...

I'm so glad the news was good. Prayers for a relaxing rest of your pregnancy!

Elaine said...

Praise the Lord for the STRONG HEARTBEAT :)

Amber said...

Yeah so glad to hear that!

Becca said...

Oh, I am so relieved to see this post!! I was praying for you yesterday. Get some rest and definitely let your hubby pamper you for a while - you deserve it! :)

Straubles said...

what a praise about the strong heartbeat. i'm so glad to hear all is well with the little one and you.

Laura said...

I'm so glad to hear about the strong heartbeat, but I am sorry to hear about the passing of the other sac. Even if it was "empty", it was still "something". God Bless!

Dianne said...

Oh I am so happy for a good outcome!!!!!!!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

that is the BEST news! thats great you get to go for your normal ultrasound, too. peace of mind is a wonderful thing. =)

Leah said...

Just stumbled across your blog. I am now 28 weeks pregnant but had gushing bleeding at 6 weeks 1 day. I had a huge blood clot and it took about 7 weeks to resolve. So far so good. It's terrifying but amazingingly these little ones hang in there! Good luck!

Melody said...

Thanks Ashley. I will get through this... and when I do I can help you with yours :)