Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you God!!

We had our ultrasound this morning. I was SOOOO nervous...my heart was beating so fast!!! The doctor came in and told me that if they didn't see a heartbeat not to worry about it since you don't always see one at 6 weeks. He then started the ultrasound and immediately found one baby and told me to hold my breath to see if he could see a heartbeat. When I did there was a tiny tiny flicker and he told me that was the heartbeat!!! I was sooooo excited. He kept looking for awhile which I thought was unusual. Then he said I think I saw another sac and Brandon said "I saw that too and I was waiting for you to say something!" He then said that there was definately one and it could possibly be 2 but he wouldn't know until next week. Brandon and I hugged and kissed after I got dressed. Praise God...I'm so thankful right now!! We go back next Wednesday for another ultrasound!!

After the ultrasound we walked to the hospital next door to see my friend who had a baby yesterday. She was induced at 6:30 yesterday morning. By 8:30 last night I finally left the hospital because I was exhausted. At 9:30 they called and said that they were going to have to do a c-section because she hadn't progressed in a few hours. She finally had her beautiful baby girl at 11:24. I'm sooo happy for her!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

23 comments:

Krisy said...

Congrats!!! I know what a relief seeing that tiny heartbeat was. Can't wait till next week to find out about that other sac!!!

Anonymous said...

God is good all the time, all the time God is good... I have been joyfully following your blog for quite sometime and was excited to hear the results of this am;-]

Looking forward to hearing if there are two little peanuts growing in there;-]

Have a great week and celebrate that new life inside of you...

Kellie - Clarkston, Michigan

Melody said...

Such great news! THe first time we saw B the doctor said that at this point the chances of ANYTHING going wrong are GREATLY decreased. So, I'm sure your baby/ies are doing just great! I'm so happy for you I wish I could hug you in person! ps I tried to comment on your last post but blogger was acting up. SOrry :)

The Coach's Wife said...

Yeah! Praise the Lord! Congrats and I can't wait until next week!

Stace said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congrats!! Isn't it just amazing to see the heart beating that first time?!?!?!

Becca said...

So glad everything went well! Praise the Lord! It's amazing to see that tiny flicker of a heartbeat, isn't it? I'm excited for you to find out next week if there are actually TWO little ones in there! :)

Amber said...

Congrats so excited for yall!

Carrie said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

I am so happy for you! I am hoping you can relax a bit, and know all will be okay. You've got a baby (or two!) growing inside... enjoy it!

Hugs,
Carrie

sweetpeanme said...

YAYAYYYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So happy for you...wow...maybe two little blessings!! Wild!!!!
Still praying for you!

Good Egg Hatched said...

This is amazing news! Am so, so happy for you. May the good news continue from here!

Kami said...

Praise the Lord honey!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! YAY!!!

Kami

Michelle said...

WOW! What great news! So glad that everything went well!! And maybe 2?! :) What a great day!!
~Michelle

ashley said...

I'm so thrilled for you!!! Congratulations!

twondra said...

Congrats! I'm soooo happy for you sweetie!!

beth ewing said...

glad to hear all is well. can't wait to hear if there are two in ehre.

Jenileigh said...

I haven't been here in a while and what joyful news this is! Hallelujah and praises to the King! Woohooo! I'll be praying for everyone!

cady said...

i'm so glad everything is going well! it takes such a weight off once you see the heartbeat, huh? now, just wait until you HEAR it!

Brittney said...

Oh, I am so, so happy for you!!! I've been praying for ya, girlie. Many blessings to you and your husband, and to your future beautiful child(ren).

Kristy said...

I am soooo happy for you!!! That's wonderful news. God is so good.

Dianne said...

Wow that is wonderful news!!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!

Now I will be waiting with bated breath to see if there are two!
T.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

YAY, ASHLEY!

i am so over the moon happy for you guys.

i cant wait to follow your PREGNANCY!!

Just Another Mother said...

That's great news!! Their hearbeat is the best sound in the world isn't it? And maybe TWO?! That's crazy (in a good way). I can't wait to hear about your next u/s.