Wednesday, June 24, 2009

9 week ultrasound


We had a busy day. At 8:50 we had to be at Brandon's foot surgeon's office. He is having surgery on his foot next Wednesday. We had to go in for instructions. Brandon has a bone spur and a bunion. They will be fixing that and putting pins in his foot. The doctor said he won't know how bad it is until he goes in. We are hoping for the easiest fix. If this is done then he will only have to be on "house arrest/bedrest" for 2 weeks without driving for 6 weeks. If they have to do a more advanced procedure than he has to be off his foot and in the house for 2 months!! My husband is a VERY outdoorsy man. He would go CRAZY if he had to be cooped up for 2 months. Please pray that it's the easier outcome;)

After that appointment we went to my doctor's appointment. It took a little longer than usual because they got a new ultrasound machine and the lady that sells them was in there with us explaining to the doctor how to use it. Since they finally got a new machine we got to HEAR the babies heartbeat!! I was sooo excited;) I had tears in my eyes when I heard that amazing sound. It is measuring 170. The baby looks good. It is measuring 9 weeks 1 day. The doctor did not "graduate" us because he doesn't want us to leave until the spotting stops. He looked at the clot and it seems to be getting smaller. He said it is not affecting the baby..which is what we care about!! Spotting seems almost normal now. I never thought I would say that. So our appointment went well...thanks for ALL of your PRAYERS!! We appreciate them more than you know. Please keep them coming;)

After the ultrasound we went to the movies and watched "Transformers". I really liked it. Brandon said it wasn't as good as the first one because they tried to out do themselves. Now we are back at home and I'm going watch my college alumni "LSU" play for the National Championship in baseball!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I hope yall had a wonderful day!!


16 comments:

Krisy said...

what a beautiful little baby!!! So happy things went well, sorry to hear about your hubby's foot, bedrest is awful!

Amber said...

I have been waiting for this update!! Glad to hear things went well! I can't wait to see how big our baby is at 9 weeks! What a change from 7!

That stinks for your hubby, but I guess he'll realize what you had to do! :-) Hopefully it will be very short term!

Carrie said...

YAY BABY! It sounds like everything is going GREAT! I am thinking of Brandon, hoping for the quick recovery... Glad you had a great day together!

Joy@WDDCH said...

YAY!!! I had a great feeling you'd see/hear the heartbeat. Baby looks beautiful!!!

sweetpeanme said...

What a wonderful photo of your little growing miracle!!! :o)

Sorry about your DH's foot troubles...that would be a bummer...hoping its a quick fix!!!

twondra said...

Oh, I'm soooo happy for you sweetie! So glad things went well! What a beautiful picture!

Melody said...

Baby looks just great! We had an 11 wk ultrasound and Bailey looked like that just a tad bigger. I'm sure you are right on schedule. WOW 170's!! You will get SO sick of this and I am NOT supersticious AND I DO NOT believe all the myths about the way you carry your baby determines it's sex but the TRUTH AND FACT is that girls have higher heart rates. The first time doctor heard Bailey's heart rate in 150's he said "Oooh, might be a girl!" I hope Brandon's surgery goes well! I can't imagine being cooped up for even 2 weeks. I will definitely pray for him.

Melody said...

I mean you will get sick of the assumptions of baby's sex :)

ashley said...

I'm so glad you finally got to hear the heartbeat. I'm sure it was music to your ears!

Michelle said...

What a great day!! :) I'm so happy for you. I will keep the prayers coming until your little one has arive safe and sound! I'm so happy for you Ashley!! :)
~Michelle

Good Egg Hatched said...

So glad you got to see and hear your little peanut...and that s/he is continuing to measure perfectly! I am so sorry you're still dealing with spotting, but glad to hear the clot isn't interfering with your baby's progress. Best wishes for your hubby's surgery...mine was housebound for several weeks due to knee surgery in Jan., so I can definitely relate! Hope he is on the mend quickly.

Barefoot said...

Congrats on the wonderful ultrasound!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

sounds like quite a day!! glad to hear that little one is wonderful!

Just Another Mother said...

I'm so happy you had a great appt! I agree, hearing their heartbeat is the best sounds in the world. The only thing I can imagine being better is hearing them cry for the first time.

Melissa said...

Hope your bleeding stops soon, I am praying that everything will be ok with your sweet baby. Heart Rate looks nice and strong! My husband and I had IVF done as well and now have a sweet 8 month old daughter.

IVF Again! said...

Wow! Time flies! So exciting that you are already nine weeks! Congrats again!