Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dr's Appointment

I had a doctor's appointment at 7:45 this morning. Everything went well. I had 4 follicles on the right and 5 on the left. All measured between 10-13. He wanted between 8-10 follicles so it was perfect. My doctor doesn't like to have you produce more than 10 because he doesn't want to risk OHSS. Also there wasn't really a "lead" follicle so that is GREAT!! My estrogen level was 249. I have to add Ganirelix to my injection tonight to keep my body from ovulating to early. I will go back Friday to see how it looks and schedule my retrieval!! It's getting close. I'm so excited. I hope and pray that everything continues to go well!! Please say some prayers for us.
My principal wanted me to take a 1/2 day off and go in at 11 so I went and had a massage!! I didn't want it to end. I needed it SOOO bad. That hour flew too fast. I then went to the Gap and to whole foods to pick up some lunch for my aide and I. I hope everyone had a wonderful day:)

10 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so glad your ovaries are doing so well! GO OVARIES!!! It sounds like you are on a smooth track to your retrieval. I used Cetrotide, which is like Ganirelix to prevent ovulation, too. Worked like a charm. ;)

Big hugs!
Carrie

Stace said...

Sounds like things are going great. I used the Ganirelix too-- worked perfectly and did the trick! Hope things continue to go just as wonderfully as they have been!!!

Amber said...

That is fabulous!!! Sounds like your doc and mine would get along. He likes right about 10, too.

Just Another Mother said...

Good news of the follicle check. I'm glad they are all growing at about the same size. Mixing the Menopur was the worst part for me and with my lazy ovaries I had to mix 4 vials by the end!! Insanely stressful and expensive, but worth it. :)

Krisy said...

So glad things are moving along as planned!! Can't wait to hear when ER is. Many prayers coming your way

Melody said...

Great news Ash! I'm so excited!

ashley said...

Your doctor's appointment went perfectly! That's awesome!

twondra said...

Yay! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you! It's just right around the corner! Wow!! Praying for ya!

Kristy said...

I'm glad that all is going well for you! Prayers for a great outcome and a healthy baby!

Kami said...

I am so happy for you honey. It looks like all is going well!! Yay!

Kami