Monday, September 29, 2008

Hysterosalpingography

Hi!

I just got back from the RE's office. My temp went back up to 100.7 today so they made me leave work. I went straight to the Dr's office and he told me to take tylenol. He said if I don't feel better by tomorrow then I should take the month off from trying to concieve. If I don't take the month off he wants me to go in for a Hysterosalpingography (run dye through your fallopian tubes to see if they are blocked). HE said that he wants to do this because we had 2 eggs both months that we tried and enough sperm so we should have gotten pregnant by now. He wants to make sure I don't have blocked tubes and he said even if I don't, the procedure will increase my chances anyway. Has anyone ever done one of these procedures? I cried on the way home because it will cost us $800 more this month to do the procedure. Everything else already totals up to 1200 so that will be 2000. My parents said they would help me. I knew they would, but I hate to ask them money. I'm no longer their responsiblity...I feel so quilty asking them for money. I love them with all my heart and I know they love me with all their heart and they would do anything for me. It still feels bad asking them to help me when I am usually so responsible and independent.
It is so frustrating that we have to go through this to have a baby. When I get to heaven the first thing I will ask God is why he gives people who have abortions babies and makes it so hard for people who really want a baby. I know I shouldn't judge...and everthing has a purpose, but some days are harder than others!! I am praying that God makes me strong and helps me patiently wait out his plan.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I had one of those tests run back in April to see if my tubes were blocked. Besides the cost, it was a simple procedure for me. I was worried too but in the end it wasn't so bad. The overall procedure was sort of like having an iui done.

We do seem so much alike. I've felt the same way about accepting help from my parents because I am independent and resposible for my own self. But God is a God who provides in our time of need and what an awesome thing to provide through our parents.

Keep your chin up and trust in the Lord and He will show you His beautiful plan for your life.

Some days are just bad days - I know. It's ok to have sad days and even days where you spend asking God why people who get abortions can even get pregnant. Think those thoughts and then MOVE ON. Do not allow yourself to dwell on that. Instead think about the fact that God has a wonderful plan just for you!

So glad we found each other through the blog world and can walk this path together.

beth ewing said...

i had the test run too. i didn't have to pay. it wasn't that painful for me but just uncomfortable. i've heard of many people getting pregnant the month after taking the test.